So, how y’all doing?
Anyone who is actually living in the Northeast….a BIG shout out and kudos for surviving Winter Storms Harper and Inga! Now, here comes enough cold air to make an Elsa herself want hot chocolate and what I lovingly have nick-named a “life-changing” blanket!
As I am making preparations and finishing up weather-proofing projects around the “old girl”, I am curious, what do you do to prepare for this level of impending cold? Do you have animals? How do you help them?
This is Princess Daisy last night….
Yes, this is the DEFINITION of spoiled pet. Can you imagine if I had a kiddo?
So, for transparency purposes strictly, this is how I prepare.
- I have a variety of extra sources of heat (just in case I end up without heat!)
- I stash a TON of yarn so that I can crochet my little frozen fingers off.
- I stick to carbs and warm beverages with a splash of protein…not the best for the diet, but frigid cold screams comfort food to me!
- I keep a pair of Carhartt bibs at the ready, whether I am at Momma D’s place or mine!
- LIFE-CHANGING blankets are freshly washed and ready to snuggle in with!
- Humidifier is on the ready, because lord knows, the drafts and the cold wing tear my skin and sinuses up! Speaking of which, anyone ever use Castor Oil as a moisturizer? You should try it out!
- Must have my favorite, comfy pairs of sweats clean and ready to go!
- Keep the cars with no less that a 1/2 tank of fuel, totally old school on this one…
Obviously, these are not survival based ideas…way more along the lines of comfort levels! lol! That is my official disclaimer, please do not use the above list and expect to survive in sub-zero temps.
However, in case you would like to ready up on winter preparedness…here is a handy article!S
So, how do you prepare? My winning responses are going to involve moving to a warm state! That is for you P.T. and M.P (if you’re reading this!)
Most likely, I will be posting next week (I am predicting a cold day or two from school, so I’ll have no excuse!). Hopefully, it will be more entertaining that this post! lol!
Peace out peeps. Stay warm!