Good morning everyone! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
So, for those of you who are busy throwing that turkey in the oven and finishing up the preparations for an amazing meal…THANK YOU!!!
That’s Momma D. in my world.
But she doesn’t trust me with making much. Actually, she trusts me….she is just so damn good at everything that I don’t even bother. I am charge of setting the table. Which honestly, is better, it harnesses my creative juices!
It’s good to have goals, right?!?!?
One year ago, I was freshly moved into the house and was feeling the anxiety of my first impending winter in the house. I wrote a blog post where I managed to come up with a list of 5 things to be thankful for, after a lengthy rant obviously! A year later, I still agree. Granted, my first five were laughable, but that’s the joy of blogging, it doesn’t let you forget anything!
So, I think this is going to be my new tradition. Not necessarily a month of writing things your Thankful for, but just a quick list. It’s good to keep things in perspective.
Here goes…I am thankful for
- You. My peeps. My family. My friends. My inner circle. Listen, if you’re lucky enough to be in that world (or really any part of my world), you are subjected to constant shenanigans and venting and randomness. Because of you, I continue to function at a fairly successful level.
- Mr. T. He isn’t going to read this, but without him, the storm cellar would have never gotten done. Not to mention, through the process he has become quite the friend and confidant. Thank you Mr. T.
- My new fancy window frames. Now, I don’t have the whole house done yet, but they are really making a difference so far! So, that’s exciting. I promise, that will be my next blog post.
- Thanksgiving itself. As I have aged, this is quite possibly the BEST holiday. It’s about the important stuff. The people. Not to mention….amazing food. I can’t wait to set the table in a few hours.
- This one is going to sound weird, but the entire last year. This last year has taught me so much about myself, it’s crazy! But each and every experience has been amazing and I have loved every step of the stressful journey!
Oh and by the way…. There is a 10% sale currently running in my Etsy Shop!! Check it out! I just made a few more items yesterday, I’ll have them posted tomorrow.
Also, while you’re over there, feel free to post a review if you have purchased something from me!
Peace out peeps.